Saturday, August 8, 2015

Second Day in Killarney

We decided to spend one more day in Killarney since the weather was a bit questionable.  After cruising 112 miles in the last two days it was time for a down day.  I spent most of the morning updating all our blog posts and boy there were a few.  Mike spent the morning plotting and charting our course for the upcoming days of cruising across the North Channel.  

Captain was working hard on our upcoming cruise across the North Channel
By about 11:00 a.m. both of us had to stop for a while and rest our eyes.  So we took a walk down to the only grocery store in town.  A small little place with most of the basics, unfortunately their prices were pretty high since they were the only place in town.  I bought a loaf of bread and Mike picked up a pepperoni stick and we were on our way.  We did come across the local museum that held some artifacts from the area.  After a lunch on board Mike went back to doing some more charting and I decided to BAKE.  I made another loaf of the english muffin bread and then a pan of brownies.  I took some over to share with Pam and Mark on Sea Bear.  

Yummy stuff to share and for breakfast.


The rest of the afternoon we spent up on the fly bridge.  Being that we were parked right next to the fuel dock we had entertainment for the afternoon.  Some HUGE boats came in this afternoon for fuel, a pump out and to fill their water tanks.  Several over 50 footers.  It was the best entertainment for the afternoon.

We must have seen a dozen HUGE boats come through

Even saw this sea plane taxi on through

 I had a wonderful surprise this afternoon my daughter Amanda and my niece Faith skyped me.  It was so nice to have some quality time to talk with them and also see my son in law, Kent, and nephew in law, Tim, along with my awesome nephew Zach.  My brother Gary and his wife Christy are on their way to Florida so Zach was spending time with Faith and Tim.  We had great reception and I so enjoyed being able to talk and see them.  Then tonight my daughter called me back to Facetime with my Grandson Jacob while he ate his dinner he was napping earlier.  Oh my I miss that little one.  

Well tomorrow we are off to start our way across the North Channel, I wonder what adventures await us there.


No comments:

Post a Comment