Friday, August 28, 2015

Patience in Manitowoc

Friday in Manitowoc, WI.  I was thinking this morning about patience.  Patience is one thing that we here on the Lady J have learned a great deal about in the last 3 months.  I personally have not been known as one of the most patient people, just ask my family.  I like to see things done immediately, drives my husband NUTS.  I am not one for putting things off.  So having to sit for literally days and wait for weather to change has been a bit of a challenge for me.  But I am learning to be patient, living on a boat has a tendency to make one that way.  
"Woman stop taking my picture and come sit down and have a doughnut."


So as we wait out the weather once again here in Manitowoc we figured the best thing to do would be to keep busy and pass the time.  This morning we walked over to the local bakery and bought some oh so yummy sweets and a loaf of bread.  I swear we have been to more bakeries in the last 3 months than we have been in the 14 years we have been married.  Not a bad thing at all. Just glad we are getting exercise walking to all these places.

 
What a wonderful place!

This wedding cake was over the top.
We walked over to the local tech shop to see if there was anything we could do with Mike’s laptop that “bit the dust”.  There wasn’t so we had them dispose of it.  Luckily he didn’t have anything saved on machine.  So when we get back to Columbus in September we will be looking for a new one.

Afterwards we split up, Mike went to the Maritime museum (I will let him post on that) and I took a hike out the break wall to the lighthouse.  It’s good to have our time apart from one another.  I returned back to the boat to do some cleaning while he was away.  It’s easier that way.  It’s been a quiet afternoon, the fog is pretty thick and we are happy with the decision to stay put.  

Thinking we will be here till Sunday when there seems to be a break in the weather.  Tomorrow there is a farmers market, yum!

Check out the palm tree

Love this old bank.
Old boats

Boats on the hook

Henrietta, there's a story behind this that goes way back to last summer.

The wall around to the break wall.

Weeds but pretty

There is beauty even in the "ouchy" ones.
A small pond before you get to the lighthouse
Gorgeous sailboats in the marina
Walking the wall.
Lady J all snug in her dock. 
A view of downtown Manitowoc as the fog rolls in.

The walk to the lighthouse
Manitowoc Lighthouse
Beautiful break wall
Segways on the move
Speaking of on the move look who's coming back



I was impressed at how easily this giant moves in the water.








No comments:

Post a Comment