Monday, June 23, 2014

Early morning reflections

When the first mate is experiencing some insomnia you get an early morning post on the blog.  I woke up at 4:00 a.m. my thoughts as I lie in bed not able to sleep were "I wonder what this week will bring?".  We kept pretty busy this weekend while we await our refurbished fuel pump.  We completed the painting of the deck and it looks great. It's amazing how a coat of great paint covers up the imperfections made over the last 40 years.  Before we finished the painting we had to do a little repair work to one of the stanchions, but this took no time at all considering two years ago we re-bed most of the main stanchions.

Sunday brought us such beautiful weather, clear, in the mid to high 70's and a nice breeze.  So after doing our morning work and a good shower Mike headed off for an afternoon of sailing with our friend Bob.  As much as Mike loves boating, sailing is his first love and he really enjoyed his time out on the water.  It's amazing how much you can miss being out on the water when you are stranded at the dock.

One thing about being on the water the sunsets are amazing.  Each one a little different from the last.  As most everyone knows I have taken hundreds of sunset photos and I can't seem to get enough.  It's amazing how one little change in the clouds or the horizon can change the look to the end of your day.  Also as an amateur photographer I love to play with the looks of different sunsets.  I am always reminded of God's blessings every day, but specially at night when I look to the horizon.

One of the other things I thought of this morning when I arose so early was that today would have been my parents 63 anniversary.  They are always in my thoughts but needless to say some days more than others.  I was blessed to have amazing parents.  I wonder what they would think of their "little girl" going on this amazing adventure.

Well as we patiently await leaving the docks to finally get this journey started we are thankful for all our family and friends that love and support us on our way.



No comments:

Post a Comment