Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Family aboard

Okay not sure where my head was when I made the last post, but we aren't hauling out until October 10th.  Whew menopause brain is at it again.  We are currently back home for exactly 2 (and a little) days.  Long enough for Mike and I to get in 2 days of (paid) work.  Actually 3 since Friday we will be helping some friends of ours do a catering gig, but then we are back up to Sandusky.

Linner (lunch & dinner) at Tony Paco's
Look she is a shutterbug like me
Gary and Christy
This past weekend my brother Gary and his wonderful wife Christy joined us.  We had an absolute blast of a weekend.  We realized that this was the first time the four of us have spent the weekend together without the kids and or parents along.  We definitely need to do it more often.  The weather was not cooperative for the cruising, but we were able to get in one sunset cruise.  The waves were way to high and there were rip current warnings.  Christy too is a shutterbug and it was so fun to spend the weekend with someone else who makes everyone stop so that they can take a picture.  The guys were very patient.
Christy took this wonderful picture
A visit to Castalia's Quarry Metro Park

This coming weekend my niece Faith and her husband Tim will be joining us for an overnight stay.  I am really looking forward to that visit too.  Then we hope to attempt our trip to Michigan the week after.  Our last attempt was thwarted by the weather.
Visiting Ft. Meigs


Yes that's us.




Fun Saturday night at the Marina concert
 I have really got to keep this blog a little more updated.  I seem to be able to keep the Facebook one updated but because our internet access on the boat is so sporadic.

No comments:

Post a Comment