Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Some Before/After

Okay I am going to see if I can load some before and after pictures of some of the inside work we have completed.  As time moves along we have updated even our after pictures.  It is true the more you live in a space the more you figure out what works and what doesn't.  When we purchased the boat it looked like the 70's threw up in it.  Dark and dingy, so we opted for a lighter tone to the whole place which is evident by the color choices we made.
Galley Settee before
Galley Settee - after
The Galley is where I spend most of my time and as Mike well knows a happy wife means a happy life.  I am going from a huge kitchen in my home to a "petite" galley on board the Lady J.  But I am bound and determined to make it work but everything must have at least two uses and is easy to use.  The galley before we made the changes was hideous at best, stained counter tops, bad appliances and not a good use of space.  So we painted everything in a cream color to lighten it up.  Mike crafted new cabinet doors and we designed a flip out table to the right of the stove for more counter tops.  But when not in use if folds down flat.

Galley- after
Galley-before
Sorry having some problems with placement of the photos, but you get the idea.  The state room we made only minor changes to.  I made new window coverings and a new cushion that lays between the bunks.  Mike and I also designed a storage unit to take advantage of the large open space between the bunks.  Outfitted with baskets this has become a great place to stow smaller items.  The only thing really left to do in the state room is replace the flooring.  The current piece of carpet laying in there is "gross" at best, but for now it will have to do until other "funds" become available. I will be adding some more pictures and updates as they become available.  For now this is a good start.
State Room-before

State Room - after

No comments:

Post a Comment