Friday, February 13, 2015

The Beginning of a Dinghy

I eluded to the fact in a past post that Mike is building us a dinghy.  My first thought was isn’t one of us dinghys enough?  Yeah, yeah I know we need one that floats and will get us back and forth from the Lady J to the dock.  I float but refuse to haul things in the water.  So Mike has started building the Lady J’s dinghy.  

Now let’s put this all into perspective.  First we live in Ohio, second we sold our wonderful house which had an enormous workshop over the garage.  We now have a very small one car garage attached to our apartment.  And let me remind you again, we live in OHIO.  Where currently the temperatures are in the single digits and getting colder.  There is no heat in said garage only a very hard working kerosene heater and an even harder working man.  

Mike has been working steadily on this project between working part time at the airport doing snow removal (which often times is a 12 hour day when there is snowfall) and giving me an occasional hand with our 6 month old grandson.  Part of this week we had both grandsons.  It was wonderful having them both here at the same time.  Come to think of it Mike periodically would slip out to the garage to work when things where a bit, well shall we say “hectic” with the boys.  Hmmm good tactics sir.  Well I digress.


I don’t know all the technical terms and exactly what all this project entails so I will leave the specifics up to Mike to tell you about in a later post. I will though share some of the photos I have been able to take on how things are coming along.  To quote our 3 year old grandson “It’s looking like a boat Papa”.  Mike is doing an amazing job.   


It is amazing what he can do in such a small space.

It is starting to look like a dingy.

No comments:

Post a Comment