Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Weeks before a lifestyle change.


A little over 2 weeks till this journey begins.   There are days when it seems like time has flown by so quickly and others days it seems like this journey will never begin.  It is truly amazing at all the things that need to be done before this journey begins. 

We changed our address this week.  Who knew they now charge you to do this. 

Dinghy is just about complete, but now ODNR (Ohio Department of Natural Resources) needs to see the actual little boat before we can register it.  Can’t get in to see them till next week.  

Dealing with a Doctors office, hospital and the insurance company trying to get one single bill resolved.  Really what does it take to get one piece of paper to someone and then have them call you once they have received it.  (So far we are on month 3)  

Family issues, that sometimes make you question if leaving is the right thing, but knowing there isn’t much we can do if we stayed.  

Coordinate final move out of the apartment and moving on board.

Provisioning, provisioning, provisioning.

Waiting for the engine work on the Lady J to be completed.

Our financial advisor leaves the firm so we need to meet with the new guy before we leave.

Family get togethers that are so wonderful, but all you can think about is how much you are going to miss these times.   I know, I know, there will be more of those times ahead.  

Still trying to get rid of our couch and the stove top from the boat, come on Craig’s list. 

Getting in those last visits with dear friends. 

Packing, actually that is probably one of the few things that at this moment is under control.  

Then there is a change being made to the beginning of our journey.  As most of you know I (first mate, Jana)  absolutely do not like going across Lake Erie.  In fact the last time we came back across it I swore I wouldn’t go over it again.  (I know a bit harsh, but old Erie was not good to me.)  This past weekend though my amazing and thoughtful brother volunteered to go with Mike to get the Lady J across lake Erie to Buffalo, NY.  I will stay with my sister in law, Christy and family here in Columbus since we will have turned in the keys to our current apartment.  Then once the guys have arrived in Buffalo, Christy and I will drive up to New York to meet them.  I, will then take back my position as first mate and Christy and Gary will return to Columbus.  I think that this is going to be a perfect fit and I know that the guys will have a great time together (as will us ladies).  Besides that gives me a little more time here with family and oh yes those wonderful grandsons of ours.  


Please don’t get me wrong we are in no way complaining about any of this.  We simply wanted to be honest and convey to everyone what goes on in those weeks before a HUGE lifestyle change.   Thank the Lord that Mike and I have for the most part been able to keep our wits about us.  We are able to make our way through the stress and sheer craziness and find ourselves still smiling at one another, although sometimes you do have to wonder if that smile isn’t a mere grimace.  We will get through these last couple of weeks and be on our way before we know it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment