Friday, March 20, 2015

One more step...four less wheels


Well as of this morning we are a one car, well truck, family.  We dropped off my Honda lease at the dealer this morning.  What a strange feeling it is to only have one well driven truck available for both Mike and I to drive.  Think about it, from the moment you get your drivers license you want your own car.  I have had my own car since I was 19, made payments, took care of repairs, paid insurance, etc.  Now at 53 I no longer have my own car.  It's really a weird feeling to know you are dependent on either using your husbands truck or the generosity of others.  Luckily my daughter and her husband are allowing me to borrow their 2nd car during the week when I am watching our grandson Jacob.

Mike and I talked about it today and it is going to be a bit of a change for both of us to have only one vehicle but the way we look at it is we are one step closer to realizing our dream!  A little over 3 months before we cast off.

No comments:

Post a Comment