Tuesday, July 16, 2013

What to do with 2 drop cloths







What can you make with 2 drop cloths.  I made 6 fender covers, 4 placemats and 8 coasters.  Okay I am a little on the thrifty side (some say cheap), but I had a drop cloth that I bought at Lowes but never used.  So I purchased some velcro and used some parachute cord that Mike had to make the fender covers.  The $10.00 I spent on drop cloths and about $8.00 on velcro sure beats the crazy amount the stores want for these and they were easy to make.  With the leftover fabric and some fabric paint I made 4 placemats and 8 coasters.  As any boater knows when the weather gets hot and humid things start to sweat.  Well I guess anyone would realize that.  Mike loves the fender covers and the placemats and coasters help to make it more like home.  Yes it is a bit of a woman's touch but whatever it takes to keep me on the boat is what the Captain says.



No comments:

Post a Comment