Friday, March 6, 2015

Launch Date and changes in progress

Launch date has been set for May 7th.  


This is so exciting specially since it is currently 10 degrees here in Ohio.

Mike is off to Home Depot this morning to purchase more wood for the dinghy.  Which by the way is coming along.  We'll update folks on the progress of the dinghy at a later date.  For now we will continue to work on things that we can.  Along with scheduling our launch date, Mike also schedule the marina to do some work on the boat before she goes in the water.  Mike is amazing at all the maintenance he takes care of but every now and then you just need to have someone else do the work.

Which brings me to the the cushions on the "sectional".  Last year I diligently worked on cushions for the wonderful sectional that Mike made.  Well after a season of using them I have come to find out they are far from comfortable.  Ugh!!! We decided since this will be my only place of "lounging" while on the boat, Mike has his own comfy chair, we need to figure out what is going to be comfortable.  The problem with the current cushions is they "bottom out".  Which can I say really tweaks me off since I spent so much on the special foam for them.  And then on top of that the fabric I bought to cover them stretched out and started to pill.  So Mike and I talked it over and decided that we should have a professional make us some upholstered cushions with some "cush" to them.  So I will be calling on our local Fabric Farms and see what they can do for me.  The whole process is tricky because these cushions lay on a board and not springs, so we need to come up with something that has springs in the cushions.

Curtains are way to busy to live with 24/7
Okay now comes the fun part.  Since we will be having new cushions made Mike said that I can make new curtains for the Salon. The ones we currently have I really don't like.  I know, I know, you're gonna do what?  We both decided that the fabric we purchased is way to busy to have that much of it in one place.  (See picture)  So I get to choose some new fabric to go with the new cushions being made.

We will be removing this middle section.
We have also decided to make some revisions to the sectional itself and take out part of it that is not useful and simply gets in the way.  The middle part that links the two benches seemed like a good idea when we first came up with it but found it really holds no value.  No one sits on it and it only gets in the way when Mike needs to get into the engine room.  So revisions will be made to all.  (Pictures on updates to follow.)  It was good to spend 2 months living on the boat to figure out what really works and what doesn't.  Hopefully these updates will make our surroundings more comfortable.

For now I will continue to take care of our 6 month old grandson while his Mom and Dad are at work and keep all informed of our progress.
Me and little man Jacob.  Love that face!





3 comments:

  1. Hey girlfriend! Just spent some time reliving Manatee's journey with The Lady J this summer. What a wonderful time with wonderful, new friends! Can't wait until we do it again! Thanks for entertaining us this evening...all was great fun. xo, Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention that I added you to my Feedly account so I can now receive your posts daily.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sandy, your call was perfect timing. You two always lift our spirits and we love talking cruising with ya! We can hardly wait to get back on the water again and spend some of that time with you two. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete